DO NOT DELETE THIS OR ERRORS WILL HAPPEN

Hey everyone I just reinstalled a brand new deployment of Joomla 3.0 and Now a BreezingForms Project that worked fine in 1.7 doesn't work anymore with a specific error:  

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\components\com_breezingforms\breezingforms.php on line 178

Setting     Value
 
PHP Built On     Windows NT WEBSERVER 6.1 build 7600 (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition) i586
Database Version     5.5.8
Database Collation     utf8_general_ci
PHP Version     5.4.14
Web Server     Microsoft-IIS/7.5
WebServer to PHP Interface     cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version     Joomla! 3.0.3 Stable [ Ember ] 04-February-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version     Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent     Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

Breezing Forms is latest 1.84 and the problem is the following code:

  $menu_item_title = $params->get('page_title','');
                                $menu_item_show_page_heading = $params->get('show_page_heading',0);
                                $menu_item_page_heading = $params->get('page_heading','');
                                
                                $menu_item_meta_description = $params->get('menu-meta_description','');
                                $menu_item_meta_keywords = $params->get('menu-meta_keywords','');
                                $menu_item_robots = $params->get('robots','');
                                
                                if($menu_item_meta_description){
                                    JFactory::getDocument()->setMetaData('description', $menu_item_meta_description);
                                }
                                
                                if($menu_item_meta_keywords){
                                    JFactory::getDocument()->setMetaData('keywords', $menu_item_meta_keywords);
                                }
                                
                                if($menu_item_robots){
                                    JFactory::getDocument()->setMetaData('robots', $menu_item_robots);
                                }
                                
                $formname = $params->get('ff_com_name');
                $page     = intval($params->get('ff_com_page', $page));
                $inframe  = intval($params->get('ff_com_frame', $inframe));
                $border   = intval($params->get('ff_com_border', $border));
                $align    = intval($params->get('ff_com_align', $align));
                $left     = intval($params->get('ff_com_left', $left));
                $top      = intval($params->get('ff_com_top', $top));
                $editable = intval($params->get('ff_com_editable', $editable));
                $editable_override = intval($params->get('ff_com_editable_override', $editable_override));
                $suffix   = $params->get('ff_com_suffix', '');
                $parprv   = $params->get('ff_com_parprv', '');
                addRequestParams($params->get('ff_com_parpub', ''));

Any instance of get(); just throws an error.  Now I should mention that the form itself does function and the record is inserted to the database but the postback never happens.  The postback is being set by ff_redirectURL()

Now I did have the method set to 'get' in ff_directURL() and that blank paged me with the error, so i removed that variable and let the default 'post' take over, however now i can see my joomla template and the error is inside the template itself.  Other pages that use redirect method do not have this problem, I'm at a loss.